Wednesday, October 03, 2007

New

Don't complain. It's only been half a year since I last posted. Nothing major has happened in my life since that point. Save a hectic school-year finish including several Much Ado About Nothing performances, a superb sailing summer at MiVoden, and an unexpected switch from student to teacher. Nothing major.

I like blogging, but I'm lazy, and prefer putting pictures up. The absence of a camera is forcing me to do otherwise.

Yes, the rumors are true. I ditched Walla Walla for a year to teach Algebra II and Computers at Highland View Academy (and an SAT prep class for Koreans/Taiwanese). It's exhausting, but I love it. Some of my students were here when I graduated. It's crazy.

Other news: Both Arsenal and the HVA soccer team are doing famously. HVA has played 7 games and won 5 of them. They tied to SVA and lost to TA (due in part to shoddy refereeing). Arsenal remain undeafeated. I love to give updates on the games to my students. Most of them don't care, but I figure they'll at least be curious by the end of the year. When they tease me by saying "Arsenal Sucks!" I simply reply "Hey, I just think the US is remiss in their negligence of the most beautiful game in the world. I'm supporting real football through Arsenal. If you don't like them, support the game through some other team!"

As I finish this short update, I ask myself, "How many consistent updates will it take before people start checking this dormant page again?"

PS Did you notice all my it'ses are correct? Thanks, "Eats, Shoots and Leaves."

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Payne said...

Well, well, well. Welcome back to the wonderful world of blogging! I'm so glad to see that your its and it's are properly apostrophed. (I know that's not a word.) I just wanted to post a comment for your reading public that says what a fantastic teacher you are. You are hard working, dedicated, creative, and so very smart. Thanks for doing such a great job!!! You are quite humble, but everyone should know that you are simply amazing, and we are very blessed to have you, even for just a year. (maybe you can come back again sometime in the future...) :)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Gerrans said...

Hey man, glad to see you finally updated! Yes, I do bring up this page occasionally just to see if "Trippin" is still front, center, and top. Whaddayaknow, it wasn't today! Sounds like teaching is treating you alright...hope you survive the year! :) Hey guess what there are some guys down here that do slacklining! you really need to come here next year, man! I'm going to see if I can get into it, maybe after this semester. Anyway, I'll see you later, man gotta get back to studying!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Alban...Alban...Alban...I'm not surprised that you find yourself in another place this year. You are a Howe, after all. Living at home, I presume? I'm sure it's nice to be back, huh?

9:17 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I'm glad you've updated your blog. I'm also glad that you are near my neck of the woods. Petra and I have been doing lots of hiking and canoing. would you like to join us sometime?

8:16 AM  
Blogger Julianne said...

hey alban! who convinced you to become a teacher at HVA? that's really cool, and I bet you're a good teacher
...I saw you enjoying Metallak without me this year! Missed that a lot.
good to read your un-"dormant" blog again. pictures are nice, but not necessary.
let me know when you get your students to stare at the ceiling for 40 minutes!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home