Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It's one of those weeks. I transfer my pile of clean laundry from the floor to the bed instead of folding it neatly. I forget about my 10 page paper en español and play fútbol. I blog instead of going to the library to study. I miss drama production try-outs, then regret it and e-mail the director. When I see her, I turn around and walk the other way, hoping she won't see me. I wake up at 7:59 and rush to my eight o'clock class, arriving just before my presentation. Didn't I set the alarm for 5:30? I delay work and go to Midweek Meditation. Instead of paying close attention to the sermon, I stressfully make a schedule for the next three days. Will I have enough worship credits? Those times I did music and forgot to write my name down...

Next week will be better I tell myself. I'll be on my way to Perú, with no cares in the world. Or will I be memorizing lines for the upcoming play? Or writing a paper due on Wednesday, e-mailing it from 5,000 miles away?

Next quarter will be simpler. I'll quit my job. There! That's fifteen extra hours. Then I remember tutoring: five hours. Church organ playing: at least four. Oh, and then the play: Much Ado About Nothing, 286 lines to memorize. Practices every week?

I hate and love being busy at the same time. When I have more time, I fill it with something else.

It's one of those weeks. The weeks that make you appreciate peaceful times, peaceful places. Metallak Island. Hawaii. The farm. Reading newspapers in a London flat. Hiking around the Cinque Terra. Picking blueberries. Sailing.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Payne said...

That is exactly what I do! I run around crazy like a chicken with my head chopped off, but when I get a day off what do I do? Fill it with more craziness. The farm is one of the only places that I've ever been able to truly leave everything behind. I guess PEI too. :) You're almost done!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! how was playing fútbol? I wanted to at least drop by and watch, but I had to do a presentation on alternative fuels. Yech.

ha. ha. ha. I can't wait to watch you in Much Ado about Nothing. seriously. you're going to be great, Mr. Claudio lover boy. Heck yes. =)

you're almost off to peru. i enjoyed the little mini "happy list" formulating at the bottom :)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Peru? ¡CLARO!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Thrushsong said...

Alban, When is Much Ado about Nothing? I want to come. I've been listening to Shakespeare tapes again. Doesn't Orlando save your life or something?

3:15 AM  
Blogger Thrushsong said...

Alban, sorry I got mixed up with As You Like It. Are you Hero's flame?

4:46 AM  
Blogger Julianne said...

Good to see that you still rank Metallak Island where is should be: first.

5:30 PM  
Blogger barry said...

With an impossibly busy schedule, you either cut it down, or cope. I tend to cope.

Here's what I do:
1) Drink herbal tea
2) Knit
3) Walk in the woods

When these fail, give up, panic, and pray.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Carley Brown said...

hey alban,
well I've met you a few times so I guess thats enough to comment on your exciting blog. Hiking around Cinque Terre.....talk about great fun. I've also had the experience and loved it :) Anyway, you are quite the busybody......but you probably wouldn't be so busy if you weren't quite so talented. Anyway i need to head to calc class...but I thought I'd let you in on the fact that I've started reading your blog.
~Carley

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home