Monday, December 18, 2006

Wishing for Reindeer?

Friday morning, after buying tickets to Hawaii for a weekend (what were we thinking?), Phil and I set off from Walla Walla towards Seattle, about a 5 hours drive away. After missing the exit for the Pasco airport, count them, 3 times (where I was to drop off Phil), I continued by myself. After traveling about two hours northwest to Ellensburg through slushy conditions, I was informed by glaring signs and flashing police lights that the interstate was closed. Instead of driving straight over the pass, I had to backtrack an hour, go south into Oregon, west to Portland (in driving rain), and north to Seattle (in one of the worst wind storms the region has seen in years). After a grueling 11 hours. I arrived. I'll finish retelling the account of my journey to London later. It gets better. Really... Actually... not really. I changed my mind today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Payne said...

What do you mean you bought tickets to HAWAII for a weekend?! I'm glad to see that you made it safely to London. Now for some emails...

5:49 PM  
Blogger phil said...

a sign, a sign, my kingdom--which at this point encompasses my laptop, my ipod, and some used spanish textbooks--for a sign (to tri-cities airport)

in other news, what the heck were you thinking? who really buys a ticket to hawaii for a weekend?
[raises hand sheepishly]

glad you made it safe. don't become a soccer hooligan. and definately don't kill a man with a trident. even if he hates arsenal.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Thrushsong said...

Hey Alban, glad you made it. Hope you're having fun in London.

Ted

7:03 AM  
Blogger Ansley said...

Wait, wait, Hawaii?? What? Are you serious? I'm so confused.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home