Monday, December 04, 2006

Scrabble

The main point of this update is to prevent any further abuse from such visitors as Phillip Gray, Paul Howe, etc. (see previous update's comments). I have little excuse for the large expanse of time that has elapsed since I last updated, save the fact that I am overly attached to placing pictures with each and every post. My lack of a camera and the inability of Blogspot to read the files I uploaded from Phil's camera have "prevented" me from updating (notice the quotation marks if you're critical).

Having said that, my roommate Phil, my friend Lance, and I have recently become slightly addicted to the classic game "Scrabble". Did I say slightly? Slightly is an understatement. Today I feel incomplete because we haven't yet played this fantastic game (and probably won't considering it's 10 PM and there's organ to be practiced). Lance has dominated every single three-person game except for one, when Phil managed to oust him out of the top spot. As you probably already realized, my record isn't amazing in three-player games, but I have managed to beat Lance twice in two-player.

When Lance isn't around, Phil and I play in Spanish with my handy "Scrabble, Edición en Español". I haven't won once. We have played about 5 times in Spanish, and I have lost by 50 points, 120 points, and even a whopping 160 points. The most frustrating game ended with a score of 308 to 305, after which I didn't speak to Phil for an hour. When Phil played his last letter, his final score was 306; I sat precariously at 307. Imagine my dismay as I stared down at my rack of two one-point letters. You know you're a nerd if you only have problems with your roommate over a Scrabble game.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Payne said...

Hey Alban!! It's great to finally hear from you, and to hear that you are making such brilliant use of your time!!! As you know, I too am a Scrabble fanatic!! We'll definitely have to play when you finally decide to swing by this part of the country! :) Jason just downloaded a Scrabble/Boggle-type game for me to play on the computer. (He hates hates hates Scrabble. Won't play it. I am always looking for players!)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Ansley said...

Hey Alban, good to hear you're allive and kicking at scrabble. I miss you, and I wish I come and could hang out with Lance and Phil, too. Write me some emails in Spanish, my friend. I need help. Safe travels to London. Love, Ansley

4:53 PM  
Blogger Thrushsong said...

Alban, I too am pleased to read your post and to learn about how you are spending your time. I should be sympathetic to your many losses....but I'm not. I do rejoice with you on your wins and am happy that you keep company with friends who can challenge you always and beat you often. Maybe you will play Evan when you see him soon.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Hola Alban!
¿Como estas? We just got back from hiking the Ausangate Circuit. Ansley did famously, even at the high pass (17,000 feet). I already want to go higher, (I admit, i'm a shallow number chaser ;-) ) Have a good time in London, and pass on my greetings to Evan.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jordy told me that that's all she has heard about you your entire quarter at walla walla! your fishbowl tournaments have become infamous. pretty much i think you're a nerd! hope you have good holidays Alban!

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home