Thursday, October 05, 2006

451


This is my roommate Phil and I in Bolivia. It's 6 AM, freezing cold, and 12 thousand feet. Our thoughts: "Why did we bus all night just to get here? This is so overrated..." Phil and I are now doing much better. It's warm, and the room smells of freshly cooked rice and a sweet and sour guava concoction Phil invented to put on top (yum!). It pays to have a chef for a roommate. The silence is filled with the smooth sounds of bossa nova, which perfectly matches the greenish lighting created by our amazing paper lanterns. Life is good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

you guys are money and you don't even know it.


that's pretty cool, I guess.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Thrushsong said...

Alban,

Thanks for the update. Your meal sounds great. I can't wait to meet Phil

4:40 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Payne said...

Hey, thanks for the picture and update. The fruity topping sounds divine. Good to hear from you...

8:20 AM  
Blogger Ansley said...

Hey! I miss you! How is school? How is that fun gang of munchkins on your hall? Write me a lengthy email and tell me all about your life. Love, Ansley

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home